What you will learn
- Why ITIL is a best practice framework
- How people and processes allow you to successfully deliver services
- How to study and prepare for the ITIL exam
- Overviews of each stage of the ITIL Lifecycle
- Overviews of each process contained in the Lifecycle phases
- How these processes work together throughout the lifecycle to effectively deliver IT services to your customers
There are no prerequisites required for this path.
In this accredited Path, you’ll learn foundational knowledge of IT service management and how the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) can help establish a framework for your organization to successfully deliver IT services to customers efficiently and effectively. You’ll start with the core concepts of IT service management. Then you’ll learn how to apply processes within the five stages of ITIL When you’re finished with this path, you will have the skills and knowledge of course subject needed to have a greater understanding of the ITIL framework and be prepared to take the ITIL Foundation exam.
Most people that work in information technology don't have a proper understanding of how their skills underpin the business they work in. In this course, ITIL® Foundation: Core Concepts, you'll learn foundational knowledge of IT service management, and how the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) can help establish a framework for your organization to successfully deliver IT services to customers efficiently and effectively. First, you'll discover what ITIL® is all about. Next, you'll explore the basics of IT service management and what to expect when taking the ITIL® Foundation exam. Finally, you'll delve into how people are vitally important to the ITIL® framework. When you're finished with this course, you'll have the skills and knowledge of the basic understanding of IT service management as outlined by ITIL®. ITIL® and PRINCE2® are registered trade marks of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Table of contents
- Introduction to ITIL®
- Service Management General Concepts: The Backbone of the Framework
- Roles: Who Does What and Why?
- Course Overview
You've watched other companies and organizations become supremely successful in IT service management (ITSM), and you're wondering how your company can do the same. In this course, ITIL® Foundation: Lifecycle Phases and Processes, you’ll take the core concepts of IT service management and learn how to apply processes within the five stages of ITIL®. First, you'll delve into how these processes help deliver value to the customer. Next, you’ll discover how these processes and phases work together to help your teams perform at top quality. Finally, you’ll explore the concepts necessary to apply functional roles within these processes. When you’re finished with this course, you'll have the skills and knowledge of the ITIL® framework and be prepared to take the ITIL® Foundation exam. ITIL® and PRINCE2® are registered trade marks of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Table of contents
- Service Strategy Introduction: It's All About Adding Value
- Service Strategy Processes: Portfolio, Finances, and Relationships
- Service Design Introduction: The Blueprinting Phase
- Service Design Processes: Setting the Stage for Successful Delivery
- Service Transition Introduction: Adding, Changing, and Retiring Services
- Service Transition Processes: Approve, Manage, Deploy, and Document Change
- Service Operation Introduction: Running and Supporting Live Services
- Service Operation Processes: Where Services Are Visible to Customers
- Service Operation Functions: Units of Organization to Accomplish Work
- Continual Service Improvement Introduction: Getting Better All the Time
- Continual Service Improvement Process: The Seven-step Process
- Preparing for the ITIL® Foundation Exam
- Course Overview