In this accredited Path, you’ll learn foundational knowledge of IT service management and how the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) can help establish a framework for your organization to successfully deliver IT services to customers efficiently and effectively. You’ll start with the core concepts of IT service management. Then you’ll learn how to apply processes within the five stages of ITIL When you’re finished with this path, you will have the skills and knowledge of course subject needed to have a greater understanding of the ITIL framework and be prepared to take the ITIL Foundation exam.
ITIL® Foundation: Core Concepts
Most people that work in information technology don't have a proper understanding of how their skills underpin the business they work in. In this course, ITIL® Foundation: Core Concepts, you'll learn foundational knowledge of IT service management, and how the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) can help establish a framework for your organization to successfully deliver IT services to customers efficiently and effectively. First, you'll discover what ITIL® is all about. Next, you'll explore the basics of IT service management and what to expect when taking the ITIL® Foundation exam. Finally, you'll delve into how people are vitally important to the ITIL® framework. When you're finished with this course, you'll have the skills and knowledge of the basic understanding of IT service management as outlined by ITIL®.
Table of contents
- Course Overview2m 4s
- Introduction to ITIL®25m 29s
- Service Management General Concepts: The Backbone of the Framework32m 31s
- Roles: Who Does What and Why?18m 36s
ITIL® Foundation: Lifecycle Phases and Processes
You've watched other companies and organizations become supremely successful in IT service management (ITSM), and you're wondering how your company can do the same. In this course, ITIL® Foundation: Lifecycle Phases and Processes, you’ll take the core concepts of IT service management and learn how to apply processes within the five stages of ITIL®. First, you'll delve into how these processes help deliver value to the customer. Next, you’ll discover how these processes and phases work together to help your teams perform at top quality. Finally, you’ll explore the concepts necessary to apply functional roles within these processes. When you’re finished with this course, you'll have the skills and knowledge of the ITIL® framework and be prepared to take the ITIL® Foundation exam.
Table of contents
- Course Overview1m 56s
- Service Strategy Introduction: It's All About Adding Value18m 30s
- Service Strategy Processes: Portfolio, Finances, and Relationships14m 27s
- Service Design Introduction: The Blueprinting Phase14m 28s
- Service Design Processes: Setting the Stage for Successful Delivery42m 49s
- Service Transition Introduction: Adding, Changing, and Retiring Services10m 57s
- Service Transition Processes: Approve, Manage, Deploy, and Document Change26m 17s
- Service Operation Introduction: Running and Supporting Live Services11m 3s
- Service Operation Processes: Where Services Are Visible to Customers32m 48s
- Service Operation Functions: Units of Organization to Accomplish Work18m 17s
- Continual Service Improvement Introduction: Getting Better All the Time14m 45s
- Continual Service Improvement Process: The Seven-step Process8m 20s
- Preparing for the ITIL® Foundation Exam7m 26s
What you will learn
- Why ITIL is a best practice framework
- How people and processes allow you to successfully deliver services
- How to study and prepare for the ITIL exam
- Overviews of each stage of the ITIL Lifecycle
- Overviews of each process contained in the Lifecycle phases
- How these processes work together throughout the lifecycle to effectively deliver IT services to your customers
There are no prerequisites required for this path.